The Atkins diet achieved peak fad status in 2004, and although it’s since been replaced by cool new ways of losing weight, it has had a lasting effect on how people view Cocoa Wildlife Removal. Atkins recommended that dieters reduce their intake of carbohydrates. But that can be more difficult than it sounds. Here are a few easy ways to cut carbohydrates from your diet without sacrificing all your favorite foodstuffs.
1. Reduce the Juice- Fruit juice isn’t as healthy as people once thought. Cutting fruit juice out from your diet may eliminate a source of carbohydrates you might not have even been watching out for.
2. If you can not resist eating pizza, choose the thin crust variety as opposed to deep dish. You can still get your cheese and tomato sauce repair without eating as many carbohydrates.
3. Wrap It Up- Sacrificing sandwiches and hamburgers is among the toughest things about going low carb. But if you”think outside the bun,” you can still enjoy many of the flavors you love, just low carb. The solution? Substitute lettuce wraps to the bun on your burger or the bread in your turkey sandwich. You will drastically lower the carb content and still have something to grip.
4. Substitute Your Spaghetti- A spiralizer is your kitchen innovation you never knew you needed-and it is shockingly affordable, with many opting for under $30.
5. Replace Your Rice- Rice, like pasta, is a carb-heavy starch that is omnipresent in many cuisines. But you don’t have to give up on Indian or Chinese food entirely just because you are counting carbs. Attempt subbing in riced cauliflower. It’s got a similar texture and absorbency, and once it’s loaded up with curry or broccoli beef, you’ll hardly notice a difference.
6. Switch Your Chips- Potato chips are one of those snacks that it is really difficult to let go of. If you are craving that crunch, try kale chips, which supply the same snackability with fewer carbs and a host of other health benefits.
7. Go with Protein for Breakfast- Even healthy breakfast cereals like granola and oatmeal are high in carbohydrates. But if you begin your day with a protein, especially eggs, you won’t get off on the wrong foot. Eating protein early in the day also kick-starts your digestive system and can help you begin burning fat when you exercise.
8. Skip the Starch- While you need veggies to stay healthy on your low carb diet, you want to avoid the starchier varieties. Potatoes are a clear no-go, but so are sweet potatoes, despite being healthy otherwise. Other covertly starchy veggies include peas, carrots, and corn. The next time you need a vegetable side or want to add something to a salad, reach for a few bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, or artichokes.
The paleo and keto diets both take a page out of Atkins’ book by indicating you cut back on carbohydrates. If you’re following both of these diets, or the many others that recommend a reduced carb intake, the tips above can help!